Tomorrow will be my 200th entry. Every 50 entries I feel like celebration is in order, though choosing increments of 50 is pretty arbitrary. Why not every twenty or every three? Or every one?
Why do we only celebrate birthdays and anniversaries instead of every day? I'm as guilty of this as the next guy. We can only justify few and far between occasions or moments of spontaneity, when we only live each day once.
There have been so many times (too many times) when I have held myself back. And for what? Fear of rejection, failure; fear of others' opinions of me; even the fear of what happens if I succeed. Fear of the unknown.
Maybe it's the reawakened philosopher in me talking, but after thinking about my lucky existence, I couldn't help but analyze my (in)actions. I have delayed or put many things on hold so often, readily and knowingly deprived myself of joys and experiences, that I feel like I've been missing out. No, I do not regret. I long. I'm learning and wish to be a student of this world for my whole life.
No comments:
Post a Comment