It has been a long time since I had a day go by so quickly at work. Thankfully, I have been extra busy lately and will continue to be until mid-October as I'm gearing up for our big annual conference. What this means though is that for the first time in awhile, I actually have to prioritize things and not split my attention among a bunch of tasks to be completed on a whim. Things actually get put on hold, which is very unlike my quasi-instantaneous work-email responsive self.
It's funny how polarized we can be from our work-selves sometimes, and how at other times we can be so fully represented across situations. If you were to judge me by looking at my bedroom, you would say that I am messy and prone to procrastination. If you were to judge me by my desk and work, you would say that I am neat, organized, and efficient (I don't say this to toot my own horn, but rather to juxtapose my two worlds).
That all being said, my selves are united in my preference to avoid confrontation, dependence on making lists or writing everything down (or else I'd forget!), and generalized drawkwaness. I have never mastered or dabbled in the art of smalltalk, I am more a listener than a speaker (though as the years go by, perhaps I am now more of a hearer than a listener), and I hold my love for wordsmithing in every arena. If you respond to my puns with laughter rather than rolling your eyes, we are already halfway to friendship. It's that easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment