Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Be Bop

The Italian flag in glitter (rotated 180 degrees) as we walked down Via Pietrapiana

Tonight I finally got to listen to some live music in Florence -- key word being listen since all the seats near the stage were reserved, leaving us sequestered to a bench by the bar. My classmate who loves jazz invited me to Be Bop, a live music venue that was hosting Beatles' Night. (Olim, you would have loved it.) I asked Rob and Posh to come along too--they're both leaving me this weekend so we're almost inseparable. Rob is going back to Germany for exams and is thinking of returning to Florence again and Posh is going home to Hungary for a week for some exams as well. I wonder what I'll do without them. Probably read Harry Potter.

As always, we arrived way too early (around 9:30pm) and the set didn't start until 11:00pm. In the meantime we had drinks, chatted, and saw snippets of the Bayern Munich vs. Inter Milan game. I had a strawberry margarita. I thought about my dream cocktail quite a bit. That reminds me, we must go back to Lochness this week...

The best picture I could get of Last Minute Dirty Band, taken as we left Be Bop

The band was called "Last Minute Dirty Band" and they played tons of feel-good 60's songs that we all did the twist to (so not just songs of The Beatles). The place was packed and our party of five (like the show!) quickly doubled or tripled when some other people from our school joined us. Everyone was dancing and having a good time. We left a bit past 1:00am.

Yup, it was a school night!

Today's words of the day are musica dal vivo, or "live music".

No comments:

Post a Comment