Friday, March 9, 2018

Falling Asleep

It's Friday.  The Friday after a very busy week.  I'm exhausted, but strangely invigorated--in fact, I'm seconds away from falling asleep right now.  But I want to say before I forget that starting these positive habits the past week has brought more direction and purpose into my life.  Making myself sit down and commit to focused thinking/writing time has made me more observant in my wanderings around home and on my rides to work.  I've been trying to notice things I never paid attention to before, and it's brought a daily, new sensation of wonder into my life.  I listen to birds tweeting in tall tree branches.  I see a whimsical curve in the design of a building's exterior.  I try to determine where I am based on the view through the top five inches of a bus window. 

I keep dozing off, so I guess that's goodnight,

No comments:

Post a Comment