Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fresh Start

It started with wanting to adopt Blogger's new Dynamic Views, which led to a need to change the background and header that I was so proud of:

Former header: Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo
Former background: Deteriorating wall in Venice
The new background, if you're interested, was taken in Motovun, Croatia this past summer. Unfortunately you can't see as much of it as I would've liked, but at least you can still read my title at the top (I couldn't choose fonts or font colours!). It carries on my love of photographing unique walls, doors, and windows and featuring it here.

With the new look is coming a new outlook which is more for me to know/attempt and for you to find out. I've been doing a lot of reflecting since returning home--some of it in front of a mirror (pun! And kind of a sad one at that)--and I've come to realize that a lot of myself had slowly been falling apart while I was away. Things I had built up before leaving have since broken down; feelings that seemed to come by so easily before are now few and far between; and, most of all, I find myself always in some state of frustration--and I don't like it. It's time to make like a builder and reconstruct, because I don't like what I've become and where I'm headed...

...which means with all this internal struggle, you are bound to have more reading material! Or at least that's the plan. But I have failed you many times over the past summer so I wouldn't hold my breath or have high expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment