Disclaimer: yes, I'm a week behind on blogging yet again. I have tried my best to recall the events of the past week and know that I have forgotten way more than I thought my tiny notes to myself would allow me. Anyway, after the next few days of catching up things will be back to normal. Speriamo.
Tonight, Pleuve and I celebrated her arrival with two Florentine gustatory delights:
- Waffles with Nutella (not pictured)
- A delicious dinner at Il Latini (some items pictured below), which consisted of salumi, polenta with pate, caprese salad, pasta with wild boar ragu, ricotta and spinach ravioli with tomato sauce,profiteroles, torta di cioccolato, 2 glasses of Moscato and 2 caffè
Dinner came to be about €25 each and our tab was settled in a very arbitrary way. Our waiter (who I nicknamed "Froggy" since he had frog-like features in a cute way) asked the boss to come to our table, quickly gave a verbal run-through of what courses we had, and then the boss looked at us and wrote the total cost on a bill without a breakdown of prices for each dish. The service was fantastic and it was a fun spot to people-watch. I especially enjoyed watching the guy working at the bar (who to me looked and sounded Swiss) as he multitasked between answering phones, cutting salami, barista duties, greeting incoming diners, and holding a conversation with restaurant patrons.
Today's word of the day is a name. A beautiful name belonging to a beautiful man. And this man is Luciano. He's the operator of Pleuve's B&B and for once we both agreed on appreciating the looks of a man in his forties. Sigh.


No comments:
Post a Comment