Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Self-Efficacy

I have had an extremely highly effective day. So much so that it was worth breaking some grammar rules by putting two adverbs together. My accomplishments:
  • Waking up early to update my driver's license with Nexus
  • Sorting through my budget using the Mint app (surprise surprise, I am overbudget this month)
  • Picking up a prescription
  • Buying beautiful brown boots from Prancine
  • Finishing some work tasks on a tight deadline
  • Answering two surveys for potential prize-winnings
  • Following up with SFU and TD Visa on a pending refund
  • Getting my underarms lasered for the fourth time (probably my best Groupon decision ever)
  • Grocery shopping
  • Making a smoothie, and thus consuming more fruit in one day than I have in two months
  • Cleaning the bathroom
  • Baking a lasagna (I didn't make it myself; Ma bought it for me at church a few weeks ago so that I wouldn't starve and it took two days to defrost)

On my way to the Nexus office this morning, I could not help but pause to admire the sight of the Holy Rosary Cathedral bathed in sunshine, flanked by autumn leaves. When my family used to live in Chinatown (up until I was ten years old), the cathedral would be our back-up church if we missed mass at St. Francis Xavier. 

It was a great day for walks.

I would have gone to yoga tonight if I was advised from doing so. Did you know that you're not allowed to sweat for 24 hours after a laser treatment? Now you know!

1 comment: