Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Laura Marling

Laura Marling at the Commodore Ballroom
To put it in a few words, Laura Marling is an enchanting, fairy-like songstress with guitar skills and a soulful voice to match. I felt so lucky to be in the front row with Nicky!

One of my favourite moments was when she explained that her and her band were a bit awkward, so they had each prepared a special fact to share when she introduced them all mid-way through her set. And what facts they were! Among other things I learned from these Brits that the Vancouver Island marmot is the second largest rodent in the world. How relevant.

What I will take with me from this show was how such a young musician could transcend her own shyness while performing to really deliver each note that was played and sung. She was a storyteller who made me feel everything she wanted me to feel. True artistry.


I leave with you a video that convinced me to buy a ticket to her show.

No comments:

Post a Comment