Sunday, June 17, 2012

What the Font?!

If only I were clever enough to have coined the title above. Believe it or not, it is an app used to identify fonts. And yes, I had it on Medusa until recently; however, she was running out of memory and the app never worked, so I had to let it go.

My real reason for using this frustrated interjection is that for the past couple of days, I've noticed that the fonts on my blog have not been cooperating. Everything looks like Monotype Corsiva when it should in actual fact be a mix of Coming Soon and Dancing Script. W(why)TML aren't they working? Is it just my computer that's the problem?

For a font geek like myself, these are the true #firstworldproblems.

Also, I will share with you a pun I made today. I was ordering chai at The Granville Island Tea Company when the girl, who was clearly having a bad day (I say this because both she and her coworker said this to each other), rang up my order in addition to someone's $40+ one, leaving my total for three cups of chai at around $50.

Me: "Wow, don't mind my pun but this is looking a bit steeped!"
Her: [nothing]

Like so many times in my life, a pun was unheard and thus unappreciated.

You know that saying "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" My question is, "If a pun is wittily dropped in a conversation and no one hears it, is it wasted?"

I am trying to avoid waste by sharing it with as many people as I can--which is, through today's blog entry, hopefully two people.

And in case you're wondering, the sound that a wasted pun makes is a whimper and a slow, metaphorical tear trickling down my face. At least in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment