Friday, August 23, 2013

So Long, Summer...Almost

I know I say this every summer, but this summer has really gone by quickly. I can't believe we only have about a week of August left.

Boy and I decided to take some time off next week to go to Saltspring Island and relax. I'm excited to spend some quality time with him because as much as we both love the summer, it also happens to be the busiest time of year for his work. We spend all year looking forward to the sun and warmth and then it seems like we barely get to enjoy it together, so this trip will help us end the summer on a sweet note.

I look back upon the past few months and remember:

June

  • My short trip to the east coast: Chicago for Bunny's stagette followed by Toronto and Montreal with Oli. Lots of laughs and good food were had.
July
  • Smeek moving in to Palace (named by yours truly)
  • Boy's accident, hospitalization, and recovery
  • Concentrated apartment hunting for 1.5-2 weeks
August
  • Bunny's beautiful wedding, and my first time being a (co-)maid of honour!
September will mean new beginnings for me--a new home, a new life, a new way of life. A new chapter in a book that seemed predictable until last year. They say when it rains, it pours, so I am hoping that the clouds will disperse and that the rain Vancouver receives this fall is the only precipitation I can anticipate.

Having loved ones is like having an umbrella. I am lucky that mine are all strong and dependable, and always there when I need them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment