Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Hospitals

I've spent the past two days in a bit of a cloud. Giagi had a biopsy scheduled yesterday which required him to be put under general anaesthesia, so I worried about him before, during, and after his surgery since messing with one's consciousness seems to be a very tricky subject. And on top of that, not knowing what they'd find...which we won't know for another week or two. I accompanied my mom to pick him up today but we were told that they'd like to keep him an extra night to make sure that he is okay to walk around and eat solid foods.

I am extremely relieved to say that he is doing fine and continues to be his Giagi self--happy, hopeful, sweet, and funny. And we're all grateful for the wonderful staff at VGH for taking such good care of him. He has a room with an amazing view of Downtown and the mountains, so he probably got to see the fireworks tonight from his window. He'll be coming home tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment