Monday, January 3, 2011

CCCLIV: Neglect

Three weeks have gone by since my parents left for their Antarctica trip and I can barely recall what I have been cooking for myself. I seem to have reverted to my pre-healthy eating ways, and it bothers me. When they went to Europe in the summer, I had been my best yet, eating balanced meals, having almost every meal, and including fruits in my daily routine. This time I can count the number of full meals I cooked on one hand, most of which were because of house guests, and, even worse, I would say that 95% of the fresh produce that was in the fridge three weeks ago is still there, slowly decomposing/ripening. This includes more notably the dreaded romaine lettuce, a bag of apples, and some oranges.

On the days that were fully spent at home, I would have one meal and a couple of snacks (cookies!), largely because I have lost my appetite. If I met up with friends for a meal, that would be the meal. Mind you, waking up near lunch time already reduces a third of necessary food consumption...which brings me to my other point. During the past week, I went to bed sometime around 2:00-5:00AM. For no real reason. Some restful holiday this has turned out to be...

Despite all this unhealthy behaviour, I have persisted in my yoga practice. Though, as I came home tonight around 10:00pm from two classes, having only eaten brunch (at least I made myself an omelette this morning!) and a couple of snacks, I started to feel faint.

It took me all this time to realize that I have been neglecting my body's nourishment in favour of its conditioning, when each depends on the other. Luckily with work starting tomorrow and the recommencement of an actual schedule, I will be back on track with sleep and hunger.

No comments:

Post a Comment