Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Back to Basics

It's been a long while and I can't say I've missed it that much. In fact, it has barely crossed my mind to write, which can be construed as a bad thing for someone who spent a whole year documenting her thoughts, no matter how random or unsolicited they were.

As of tomorrow night I would have been back home in Vancouver for three weeks. Three weeks already! It's strange how quickly time flies when you are spending more time awake than dreaming (or being lazy).  I'm happy to be of use again but unhappy with my neglect of yoga or exercise while I was away. Or, as of today at least, I was unhappy with the state of my body. This morning I woke up feeling emotionally lighter, as if over the course of my 7.5 hour sleep (above average for me) something had changed. I'm hoping that I'll be able to go back to the way things were before I left, which means rebuilding my core strength, determination, and self-discipline that I had spent a year constructing. Needless to say, it's going to be an uphill challenge.

Regarding my "lost travelogues" as I'd like to call them, seeing that having so much catching up to do was one of the deterrents for writing again, they will just have to remain lost. It's a pity, though, because in a few short months I would have forgotten more than I have already.

P.S. It's funny how the words "core strength" can mean two things that in the end are inextricably linked.
P.P.S. I guess I did miss you after all.

1 comment: