The temperature in Italy has been in the mid-thirties for the past week with no end in sight--or at least until September starts--and with the stagnant, humid air of being inland you are guaranteed sweaty days and nights. Then there are the mosquitoes who love me so dearly...oh, how many times I have doused myself with insect spray only to find a bite on an overlooked elbow, toe, or to find it obsolete altogether.
I am minutes from packing for my second last trip in Europe before coming home. My family is heading to the Dolomites with my aunt and uncle for four days. I have been told that they are an exquisite mountain chain, nestled in the German-speaking region of Italy called Alto-Aldige or Sud-Tyrol, formerly part of Austria. We're looking forward to cooler weather and I am excited to see what all the fuss is about, since one of my uncles kept telling me how amazing the town of Trentino is. I'm glad we had a chance to fit this trip in before my parents go back home to Vancouver a week from today.
Afa is a suffocating heat that I hope few of you will ever have to experience. I should be thankful I'm not still in Florence. It was 38 degrees there yesterday and it's known for its humidity!
Wow I looked up pictures of Trentino and it looks so beautiful there!
ReplyDelete